Building Regulations

Building Regulations apply to replacement glazing. These cover aspects including insulation, safety, ventilation and means of escape. Certain standards have to be reached to meet Building Regulations.

If you undertake work on your property yourself, or use an unregistered installer you will need to obtain a certificate of compliance, either from an approved inspector or through your local authority.

The simplest way to avoid this is to use a registered installer. Trade bodies, such as FENSA or Certass, run competent person schemes. When the installation is completed, you will be given a certificate to show that the works were carried out appropriately. All Spectus suppliers are registered under competent person schemes.

You can find more information at